Application Deadline: June 11th, 2015
Hours per week: 24
Rate of Pay: $17.00/hr
Start date: July 6 th, 2015
No. of weeks: 49
PLEASE NOTE: There are criteria that must be met in order to be eligible for this position in addition to the qualifications listed below. Before applying, email [email protected] using the subject heading “Fundraising Coordinator” to inquire about the eligibility criteria.
Art Starts inspires and cultivates social change by bringing professional artists and Toronto residents together to create community-building arts projects in all artistic disciplines. We use the arts as a medium for engaging residents, identifying challenges, and collectively working to overcome them. Art Starts’ collaborative approach celebrates communities, creates a shared sense of identity, and responds to local needs in underserved neighbourhoods.
Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its 2013 Arts for Youth Award.
The Fundraising Coordinator position is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, award-winning organization. We are seeking an inspired and enthusiastic individual with an extraordinary ability to communicate, a love for detail and a team player who can tackle a job from start to finish.
Position Summary: The Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for working with the Director of Development to implement fund development initiatives, providing support with fundraising campaigns, event sponsorship, donor stewardship, government, foundation and corporate applications, special events coordination, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Individual Giving & Stewardship
• Coordinate Art Starts’ individual giving initiatives including tracking donors, developing draft content for campaign materials and managing timelines
• Oversee creation & distribution of thank you notes and tax receipts
• Manage ongoing correspondence with donors
• Ensure donor recognition across all communications platforms including website, social media, e-newsletters and print
Government, Foundation and Corporate Funding
• Research and identify funding opportunities
• Complete funding application drafts
Special Events Fundraising
• Coordinate and manage fundraising initiatives at Art Starts program events
• Coordinate tasks for implementation of Art Starts signature fundraising event
• Assist with solicitation of event sponsorship
• Coordinate the solicitation of auction donations
• Recruit, manage and train volunteers for events including bingo lottery fundraisersOther
• Support and liaise with the Marketing and Development Committee
• Provide support to Director of Development as neededQualifications
• Undergraduate degree is an asset
• 1-2 years experience in fundraising or the charitable sector is an asset
• Ability to work independently and manage a variety of tasks concurrently
• Dedicated, enthusiastic & responsible with superior organizational skills and detail orientation
• Exceptional writing and strong interpersonal skills; solid grasp of good written English
• Strong team player
• Solid skills in Word and Excel Proven experience using database systems
• Candidate must be available to do occasional evening and weekend work
Applicants must currently be in receipt of Ontario Works Send resume & cover letter to: [email protected]. Please write: Fundraising Coordinator in the subject line We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.